More than half of people ages 14 to 49 carry the virus that causes cold sores. Many things can trigger cold sores.
CAUSES OF COLD SORES :
- fatigue, or being run-down
- A cold, fever or flu Exposure to the sun Hormonal changes, such as menstruation or pregnancy
- trauma, such as shaving, cuts, dental work
- facial or cosmetic surgery
Cold sores may appear just once in a persons lifetime or return again and again.
READ MORE : Amazing Health Benefits Of Honey
Follow These Steps From Dermatologists For Treating Cold Sores at Home :
1. When cold sores appear, apply an over-the-counterantiviral cream or ointment. Although not always effective, this may helpslow the reproduction of the virus and relieve the symptoms.
2. You can also take ibuprofen or acetaminophento help reduce pain. While you have a cold sore, avoid foods thatcontain acid, such as tomatoes and citrus fruits. These could irritate the skin and add to thepain.
3. Place a cool, wet towel on the sores for about5-10 minutes. However, prescription oral antiviral medication may be helpful in shortening the episode if taken within the first 72 hours.
4. Unlike canker sores, cold sores are highlycontagious. If you have a cold sore, avoid intimate contact– such as kissing – and sharing cups, towels, razors, toothbrushes and any otherobjects that may have come in contact with your cold sores. This will help prevent the cold sores from spreadingto another person.
VISIT THE #1 TECH WEBSITE : www.sellerbestprice.com
RELATED SEARCHES :
cold sores on lips
cold sores lips
cold sores meaning
treatment for cold sores
cold sores treatment
cold sores in mouth
cold sores on lips treatment
cold sores home remedies